Blocking of outdoor drains is commonly seen that occurs due to blockage in the drainage pipes of the kitchen, toilet and bathroom. When we unconsciously and recklessly throw things in the sink, and outlet pipes. An unblocked drain causes due to a lack of cleaning and maintenance.
Sometimes drain pipes can naturally be blocked by the fallen and collected leaves generally in the autumn.
- They can be clogged by plastic, toilet papers, hair shampoo pouches, fruit peels, kitchen wastage and poly bags.
- Mud collection can raise to blocking.
- Outdoor drainage can identify if the water backs up to the pipes every time you drain.
- A blocked drain produces a bad smell that can even enter your homes.
- Mosquitoes and insects appear on the blocked wastage which causes bacteria and diseases in the atmosphere.
The tools we need:
- Drain rod
- Mask and Goggles
- Baking Soda
Preparations Before Starting the Process:
As you know, preparation is a key element to effectively perform any activity. You must go with all security and safety guidelines given below.
- Cover your face with a mask to avoid the smell entering your mouth that can cause various diseases like pneumonia, fever and headaches.
- Wear eye goggles to protect the small particles entering the eye.
- Wear a headcover that will provide a shield from the dirty droplets spread on the hair.
- Always wear well-soled shoes made up of rubber or leather, resistant to water and slips.
- Last but not least, you must wear gloves to work smoothly and without hesitation.
Methods to unblock outside kitchen drain
- Open the drainage Cover
The primary thing you need to do while working for cleaning the drainage is to take away the top of the drainage area.
- You can do this step simply by using a screwdriver.
- Loosen the screws fixed to the cover and open the cover.
- Pour the Water into the outlet
Forcefully throwing the water into the outside drain with a bucket can work wonders if done properly.
- Take 3-4 litres of water in a small bucket and throw it directly in the outlet area.
- You can repeat the process unless the top blockages don’t wash away.
- Leave the water tap open
While performing the cleaning task, we recommend you leave the water tap open with the full flow to increase the pace of escaping water.
- Open the tap from the inside location where you know the drainage is blocked.
- Run the water by turning on the motor supplies to further improve the water steam.
- Make Use of a Stick
A Stick is a multipurpose tool and easily available in almost every house. You can also use it in dumping the blocked drains.
- Take a long straight stick and put it in the drainage area.
- Push the stick towards the bottom unless you find the blockage and strike the stick the make a way for water to flow.
- Remove the unwanted items
Now, you need to show your extraordinary and DIY skills. Put on your gloves, mask, goggles.
- Put your hands inside the portion and take out everything collected such as leaves, papers, metals, peels, rocks, wires and wooden sticks.
- Keep everything you took out inside a garbage bucket.
- Use a Drain Rod
The specially made tool for the unblocking is a drain rod that reaches into the areas where hands cannot reach. They can be easily bought from the market at a reasonable price.
- The flexible rods break the bonds of clog attachments present in the drain.
- Repeat the process until you feel no clog.
- Baking Soda and White Vinegar
The chemicals like baking soda and white vinegar react well enough to clear out the bonds made in the drainage area.
- Put 2 cups of Baking Soda in the outside blockage, with it, add 2 cups of white vinegar.
- Now, you will see chemical reactions take place by mixing the items. It will simply wash out the dirty bonds that caused the blocking.
- Leave the reaction for 30 minutes to properly proceed.
- Add Boiling Water
Warm water is known as a healer and a cleaner for ages. Thus, neglecting the use of boiled water while cleaning is unacceptable.
- Boil some water and put it inside a bucket.
- Add the water to the mixture of baking soda and vinegar.
- It will flush out the remaining extract of the outside kitchen drain.
- Maintain the Regularity
Generally, outside kitchen drainage occurs due to our mistakes of ignoring the basics of hygiene. Regular cleaning prevents huge disasters like blocked drains.
- Use Salt and boiled water for regular cleaning of the sink, pipes and outdoor drain.
- You can directly put boiling water in the drain which helps in weakening the links of the bond.
- Follow the basics
Most of the problems related to kitchen blockages can vanish, if you try to trace the lines lead to daily clean up and precautions.
- Ensure that all the kitchen waste is dumped into separate garbage.
- Do not let the food waste and go into the sink for it can flow with the water and produce clogs.
- Always throw the pouches, peels, polyethene, plastic into the dustbins.